From time immemorial accountants have been helping small businesses to grow and operate properly. It is a blessing to small businesses as accountants make the owner’s life easy and small businesses can now focus on their core business area. It will enhance their skills and production. But if you continue to incur losses, hire one of the best outsourcing companies in Florida.
Who is an accountant?
An accountant is a professional who has been given the duty of maintaining financial records and analyzing them. They are usually given the duty taxation of an organization.
Qualities of an accountant
- He should be meticulous and detailed oriented.
- He should be good in Mathematics, Commerce, and Finance
- He should stay updated with the latest happenings in Accounts.
- Above all he should be honest- he should not reveal vital information about the company to competitors.
- He should have some knowledge of graphs and charts so that he can analyze them.
- He should be knowledgeable enough to take firm decisions.
Types of accountants
- Certified Public Accountant
- Management Accountant
- Chartered Accountant
- Forensic Accountant
- Government Accountant
- Investment Accountant.
- Financial Advisory
What work does an accountant do?
- Keeping all payroll data, making and processing monthly payroll data.
- Dealing with internal & external auditors for completing audit reports.
- Dealing with billing and explaining accounting policies to staff, clients and vendors.
- Planning and reviewing budgets, revenue, and expenses.
- Preparing profit and loss statements, planning and reviewing them.
- Handing any accounting discrepancies.
- Recommending and building financial databases and computer software.
- Ensuring the regular working capital needs of the organization.
- Arranging loans for the organization which gives the best offer.
- Deals with the lawyers regarding company law of the USA.
How do accountants offer great help to small businesses?
- They will help in the loan application process. A loan for a business involves a lot of documentation and risk especially if you are dealing with a venture fund; an accountant can make the entire process very simple.
- Analyze all documents and contracts and see if they are profitable or not.
- Help in estate planning and trust planning. Estate draws taxes. The accountants are responsible for that.
- They are capable of helping lawyers tackle any legal problem.
- They see everything related to Taxation. It is an accountant who keeps the business running
An accountant is a common face in every organization. Today’s small business can’t ignore an accountant’s contribution. Can you locate any business which doesn’t have an accountant? The answer is obvious. No.