In a recent twist, scam artists are using the phone to try to break into your computer. They call, claiming to be computer tech support experts associated with well-known companies. They say that they’ve detected viruses or bugs on your computer to trick you into giving them remote access or paying for software you don’t actually need.
These scammers do well from your reasonable concerns about viruses and other threats. They know that computer users have heard it frequently that it’s important to install security software to save from harm. But the purpose behind their highly crafted scheme isn’t to protect your computer; it’s to make money.
Never trust unsolicited calls. Do not provide any personal information to anyone you don’t know.
What you need to know about tech support phone scams:
Here we go:-
- On no account reliable technology companies will make unsolicited telephone calls about computer security or software fixes. If you receive a call like this one, it’s a scam, and all you need to do is HANG UP.
- Cyber-criminals often use publicly available phone directories, so they might know your name and other personal information when they call you. They might even guess what operating system you’re using. So, be aware before providing any personal information.
- If accidentally you have already given access to your computer to someone who claimed to be from branded technology company, immediately change your computers password, download the safety scanner, and then ensure you have antivirus software installed.
- If you gave someone your credit card information to pay for services, contact your credit card company and alert them to this deceptive purchase.
- Several investigations have specified that criminals are taking advantage of consumers’ knowledge of the scam by calling to offer refunds for phony tech support. This is also a scam.
Read the Article cautiously and make use of it eventually. Share with your family, friends, etc. to make them aware of the scam that is successively happening nowadays.
Good luck for the same guys!!!